[swift-evolution] Specified Protocol Conformances in Subclasses

David Waite david at alkaline-solutions.com
Fri Mar 10 20:00:01 CST 2017

The getter is covariant while the setter is contravariant. The result is read/write properties are invariant.

Objective-C basically considers declared types to be advisory (to generate compiler warnings). In reality, both delegate properties are of type ‘id’, with type issues surfacing at runtime.

-DW