[swift-evolution] [Draft] Fix Private Access Levels

Jean-Daniel mailing at xenonium.com
Tue Mar 7 06:53:53 CST 2017

> Le 6 mars 2017 à 19:27, Nevin Brackett-Rozinsky via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> a écrit :
>
> I support this proposal to restore the file-based meaning of “private”.
>

> Personally, I do not think we need any more fine-grained access level than this, so I lean toward solution 1 (remove the scoped access level). However, I would also be okay with solution 2 (rename the scoped access level to scoped) if other people have a strong need for it.

I support it too, but not because I don’t think finer grain access is not needed, but because it I think was done the wrong way.
I think we should revert to the simple original access modifiers until we got a clear proposal that include submodules, as they are going to be a critical part in defining access level control.

Having fewer access level modifiers until then will reduce the compatibility issues we will have once we want to switch to a better design.