[swift-evolution] Should explicit `self.` be required when providing method as closure?

Alex Johnson AJohnson at walmartlabs.com
Mon Mar 6 11:35:30 CST 2017

I’d be fine losing the ability to pass methods as escaping closures.

I wouldn’t like losing the ability to pass methods as non-escaping closures, because I find this pattern pretty useful:

  class MyViewController {
   var records: [Record]
   var visibleRecords: [Record] { return records.filter(isVisible) }

    func isVisible(_ record: Record) -> Bool {
        // some logic here, maybe using other properties of `self`

Alex Johnson
ajohnson at walmartlabs.com<mailto:ajohnson at walmartlabs.com>
ajohnson on Slack