[swift-evolution] [pitch] Variadic Arguments should accept Arrays

Haravikk swift-evolution at haravikk.me
Mon Feb 27 04:31:03 CST 2017

> On 26 Feb 2017, at 18:17, Derrick Ho <wh1pch81n at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is an interesting solution.  Haravikk's solution was a breaking change so it undoubtedly had resistance.

Actually mine isn't necessarily a breaking change; while my proposal suggests removing the ellipsis style variadic declaration it's not a hard requirement, as it can also be retained as a shorthand for @variadic [T] and/or be deprecated. This is discussed in alternatives considered, as removing ellipsis is my favoured solution, as I just don't think it's an important syntax to retain, and is easily migrated.

My problem with "splatting" arguments into variadics is that it's even more unique syntax to support it.