[swift-evolution] [pitch] Variadic Arguments should accept Arrays

Derrick Ho wh1pch81n at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:00:29 CST 2017

Well, I have found these discussions...

It was marked as a bug <https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-128> and then
directed to swift evolution
<https://github.com/ArtSabintsev/swift-evolution/blob/5ef676ec2616465c1cb854f82e3fd4e90b4b09c6/proposals/array-variadic-function.md>
.

@jose, the prefix operator you mention looks good, but in the past
discussions they wanted a postfix operator so that it would match the
declaration.  I think I like the postfix operator.

func foo(_ a: String...) {}

foo(["a", "b", "c"]...) //<- This looks clear.  It is turning the array
into a variadic argument.

However, that thread was closed because it wasn't "discussed" enough prior
making the pull request.

therefore, if people want it, they got to cast their vote in here by either
supporting it or opposing it.

I like my original suggestion since it is more explicit.

foo(["a", "b", "c"] as String...)