[swift-evolution] [Draft] scope-based submodules

Vladimir.S svabox at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:56:34 CST 2017

Matthew, thank you for sharing this great text!
Unfortunately was not able to read it in details yet, but after looking for
proposed solution, have a quick question.

You are proposing to have 'submodule' keyword in each file of that
submodule. How can we then solve such issue: imagine that I have swift file
with some code in it. I got this file from external
source(repository/site), I will periodically update it with newer version
for example. I want to use this file in my two submodules, but don't want
to 'share' or 'make visible' types/classes/funcs etc from this file with
other code outside of these submodules.

As I understand, with your suggestion the only way is have two copies of
that file and append 'submodule' keyword in each. Or I understand the whole
idea incorrectly? (Sorry then)