[swift-evolution] Analysis of existing scopes

Joanna Carter joanna at carterconsulting.org.uk
Fri Feb 24 03:32:14 CST 2017

> Le 23 févr. 2017 à 20:48, Matthew Johnson <matthew at anandabits.com> a écrit :
>
> Sometimes APIs are used internally in production while eventually planned for public visibility.  New features in Apple’s frameworks often start life this way.

Hmmm. In my experience, if I wanted to experiment with something in the context of the whole project, I would tend to create a branch of the project in source control, experiment and either merge the branch if successful or delete it if not.

> I don’t have a strong feeling about this particular capability.  I’m just trying to state the rationale as I understand it.

Pease don't think I am criticising your understanding, it's just that such a rationale doesn't seem very, well, rational :-)

--
Joanna Carter
Carter Consulting