[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Analysis of the design of typed throws

Anton Zhilin antonyzhilin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 03:28:07 CST 2017

When I started changing the proposal, I noticed that examples with throws(E)
look uglier than with rethrows, because of required constraint of E: Error.
So I’d like to also discuss removal of Error constraint and its
consequences. Some people talked about Objective-C interop. What are those
issues?
More than that, it would then be logical to remove Error altogether and
move localizedDescription to LocalizedError.
​