[swift-evolution] Additive proposals

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Thu Feb 23 13:42:17 CST 2017

Dear core team,

I would love to have a clear statement on when purely additive proposals will be in scope of Swifts evolution? There are quite a few proposals that are marked as ‘out of scope’ since the last phase of pre Swift 3 development.

Sure these proposals do not focus on huge improvements to the language but they are significant in it’s own way.

Will it be Swift 4.1, Swift 5 or Swift 10? The issue with ABI is now deferred again and makes these proposals collect some more dust for another year or two, if not longer.

I think a clarification would be good for everyone.

Thank you for your time.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail