[swift-evolution] [Proposal][Discussion] Modular Swift

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Tue Feb 21 21:47:46 CST 2017

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 7:38 PM, Robert Widmann <devteam.codafi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Correct.  Because, in dividing the submodule across an extension, you have placed what should be a private API into a differently-scoped location.

Okay. So is your submodule design not intended to address the "I want to encapsulate implementation details so they're only visible to several units of code in different files, but not the entire module" use case? Because if there's no way to scope a symbol to "everything inside this submodule, but nothing outside this submodule", I think it leaves that use case unserved.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies