[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Variadics as an Attribute

Dimitri Racordon Dimitri.Racordon at unige.ch
Tue Feb 21 00:57:57 CST 2017

This was my first thought as well: imho it doesn't make sense to discard a good idea because of a vague hope that there might be something better (in, I'd expect, two or three years from now…).

I feel the same way.

Currently, Swift’s variadic parameters are just a way to call a function without brackets around its arguments. It is not useful and frankly a bit deceptive compared to what other languages proposes. Keeping them as-is until something that won’t happen before swift 5 at best is a pity.

I mostly design embedded domain specific languages, and this proposal enables very interesting perspective in that regard.

Thanks,
Dimitri