[swift-evolution] 'Public' class visibility specifiers

Derrick Ho wh1pch81n at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:25:49 CST 2017

I've thought about how to deal with override in a way that is consistent
with the language. Maybe something like this?

// publicly visible but can't be subclassed.
public private(subclass)

// publicly visible and may be subclasses within the module. The default
public internal(subclass)

// publicly visible and may be subclasses by all.
public public(subclass)

We also can not forget how it apples to methods

public private(override)
public internal(override)
public public(override)