[swift-evolution] final + lazy + fileprivate modifiers

Dimitri Racordon Dimitri.Racordon at unige.ch
Mon Feb 20 04:41:37 CST 2017

I really don’t like the idea of an attritional access control file.

Not everybody is using an IDE that automagically creates the structures and files for your favourite language, and I would hate to see Swift go the Java way where it’s impossible to build something seriously without Eclipse or Netbeans. Xcode is great, but I think we should not design Swift thinking it’s the norm to use it.

I’d favourite any kind of syntax that is baked in the same file as the code.

Thanks,
Dimitri