[swift-evolution] A concern

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Mon Feb 20 00:04:18 CST 2017

> On Feb 19, 2017, at 1:00 AM, Rien via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> One of the big plusses of Objective-C was that the entire manual was just a few pages long. I have not looked it up, but IIRC the entire manual describing the language was probably less than 50 pages. Much less if you subtract the filler stuff.

A couple people have pointed at least part of this out, but just to underline it:

"Objective-C" is able to be small only because it's sandwiched between C and Foundation, both of which are pretty big. A Swift book that discussed only non-generic classes and protocols without associated types would be pretty short, too.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies