[swift-evolution] [Draft] open and public protocols

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Sun Feb 19 11:41:37 CST 2017

Try to pass let intInstance = 42 in your function. ;)

That will result in .int(intInstance).

My implementation does not need that at all.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 19. Februar 2017 um 18:29:54, David Waite (david at alkaline-solutions.com) schrieb:

Just FYI, I solved this issue in my own library (which included a json jpointer implementation) via:

public enum SubscriptParameter {
  case string(String)
  case int(Int)
}

extension SubscriptParameter : ExpressibleByIntegerLiteral {
  public init(integerLiteral value: Int) {
    self = .int(value)

extension SubscriptParameter : ExpressibleByStringLiteral {
  public init(stringLiteral value: String) {
    self = .string(value)
  }
  public init(extendedGraphemeClusterLiteral value: String) {
    self.init(stringLiteral: value)
  }
  public init(unicodeScalarLiteral value: String) {
    self.init(stringLiteral: value)

extension SubscriptParameter : CustomStringConvertible {
  public var description: String {
    switch self {
    case .string(let str):
      return "\"\(str)\""
    case .int(let i):
      return String(i)

func debug(_ path:SubscriptParameter...) {
  print("path is \(path)")
}

debug(1, "foo", 2, "bar”) // path is [1, “foo”, 2, “bar”]