[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0154: Provide Custom Collections for Dictionary Keys and Values

Martin Waitz tali at admingilde.org
Sat Feb 18 14:35:15 CST 2017

> The review of SE-0154 "Provide Custom Collections for Dictionary Keys and Values" begins now and runs through February 22, 2017. The proposal is available here:
>
> https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0154-dictionary-key-and-value-collections.md <https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0154-dictionary-key-and-value-collections.md>

I haven’t followed the discussion too closely, so I’m sorry if this has already been answered:
What’s the rationale for selecting this proposal over the alternatives?
Especially with the upcoming Ownership Manifesto, value mutation may be solved much more easily.
Should we invest some more time into exploring the `modify` declaration for dictionaries?

— Martin