[swift-evolution] [Re-Review] SE-0104: Protocol-oriented integers

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:00:39 CST 2017

> • What is your evaluation of the proposal?

Excellent, even better than the first take. Still not sure about the
`FullWidth` design, but it'll do.

• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to
> Swift?

Yes, the previous protocols were confusing and ultimately not very useful.

• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes, after overhauling floating point protocols, the rest of the numeric
types are overdue for this change.

• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how
> do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

I've struggled with the Swift 2/3 integer protocols, does that count? This
proposal is a huge improvement.

• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading,
> or an in-depth study?

In-depth study.