[swift-evolution] [Manifesto] Ownership

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:51:47 CST 2017

What a read! Two questions off the bat:

1. Any preliminary estimates as to what the performance cost of dynamic
enforcement is shaping up to be, at least in an initial implementation?
It'd have a direct impact on how "opt-in" the additional tools really are.

2. Without the intention of initiating premature bikeshedding, what was the
thought behind proposing `inout foo = ...` vs the seemingly more obvious
`var foo: inout = ...`, given that `inout` was moved to the type side of
the colon?