[swift-evolution] Swift 4: Support for static libs / modular development.

Ole Begemann ole at oleb.net
Fri Feb 17 06:50:48 CST 2017

> On 17 Feb 2017, at 10:28, Raphael Sebbe via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I'm not fully aware of the state of discussion, so sorry if it is already being addressed. I wanted to bring some feedback and awareness about the need of a supported way to build app components as *static libraries* in Swift.

Part of the recently accepted (for Swift 4) SE-0146 "Package Manager Product Definitions" [1] is support for static library products in the Swift Package Manager.

SwiftPM is not Xcode, of course. I just thought I'd mention it.

[1]: https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0146-package-manager-product-definitions.md