[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Support for pure functions. Part n + 1.

Nicolas Fezans nicolas.fezans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:03:16 CST 2017

> If it mutates whatever the input is referencing, it would have a
side-effect which makes it "not pure" (for my understanding of what “pure”
means).

I am not really sure of it (I have not played around with it until now) but
I don't think that this is an issue with the swift inout, cf.
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Swift/Conceptual/Swift_Programming_Language/Declarations.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40014097-CH34-ID545

Nicolas