[swift-evolution] final + lazy + fileprivate modifiers

William Sumner prestonsumner at me.com
Mon Feb 13 13:32:54 CST 2017

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 11:40 AM, Zach Waldowski via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I still haven't been convinced by this. What are these incredibly large files that people are dealing with, and why should a crucial feature of the language be built around servicing anti patterns?
>
> Zachary

I consider a 500+ line file to be large (cognitively “larger” if I didn’t write it). Your definition may vary. In Swift 2, hiding details required separating classes by file, which conflicts with the common practice of grouping related classes in one file. I think SE-0025 was an important addition to the language.

Preston