[swift-evolution] [swift-users] Plan to move swift-evolution and swift-users mailing lists to Discourse

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Thu Feb 9 08:17:07 CST 2017

The quote below made my day dear Swift friend as I might remind you that if modern is associated with hate in your mind, then the modern programming language called Swift would probably be a bad choice.

I might remind everyone that Discourse is open sourced and therefore tweaks are possible. If you prefer a consistent font like on swift.org, than spell it out and help to create a corner on the web where every Swiftier feels right at home.

Personally I’d prefer (if possible) that we’d remove profile pictures from the forum and simply have only full names (colored?) + some kind of annotation (e.g. Core Team, etc.). Profile pictures are only gimmicks that does not contribute to anything at all.

As Jan already said, the font (and font-size?) of the forum could match the font from swift.org if possible. I wouldn’t mind and it’d make it a little bit more alike.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail