[swift-evolution] Nil-rejection operator

Jack Newcombe jack at newcombe.io
Wed Feb 8 14:35:26 CST 2017

It’s absolutely true that this is syntactic sugar, but then so is nil-coalescing where "x ?? y” is syntactic sugar for “x != nil ? x : y”.

You can also similarly recreate the nil-coalescing operator in Swift yourself, so I’m not sure that’s a strong argument for any operator being or not being in the standard library.