[swift-evolution] Warning when omitting default case for imported enums

Charlie Monroe charlie at charliemonroe.net
Tue Feb 7 09:21:08 CST 2017

-1

Not having the default case allows you to rely on the compiler to handle new options once they are added. Most of my apps consist nowadays from multiple modules and this would be massively inconvenient.

The possible future features may be non-breaking if we consider that we will not allow enums to be extended by default, but would need to be marked explicitely as extendable. Similar to public vs. open classes.