[swift-evolution] [Discussion] mailing list alternative

Daniel Duan daniel at duan.org
Mon Feb 6 20:25:01 CST 2017

It seems that Mail.app (and I suspect most “desktop class” clients) can display arbitrary headers. This includes the key “Message-Id” and “In-Reply-To”. So as long as an email client supports adding “In-Reply-To” (not to be confused with “Reply-To”) during composition of an new email, one can use it to retroactively participate a mailman-hosted thread. (the value to use can be found in the mailto: address from the web archive. Too bad Mail.app does’t support this. The internet claims Thunderbird can do this: http://www.pixelbeat.org/docs/thunderbird-threading.html