[swift-evolution] extending typealiases

Anton Zhilin antonyzhilin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:06:15 CST 2017

If I understand correctly, extension of a typealias should be strictly
equivalent to extension of type on the right:

extension Any<class> {
    func foo()
}

And Any<...> are not nominal types, so until we additionally allow
extensions for non-nominal types, this will not compile.

Just imagining the future. Iff this request will made into the language and