[swift-evolution] Proposal seed: gathering data to fix the NSUInteger inconsistency

Marco Masser lists at duckcode.com
Fri Feb 3 03:22:34 CST 2017

Hey,

for completeness’ sake, I wrote a JIRA issue on this about a year ago, as suggested by Chris Lattner:
https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-583 <https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-583>

Opening that issue was the result of a question I asked on swift-users:
https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-users/Week-of-Mon-20160111/000848.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-users/Week-of-Mon-20160111/000848.html>

… where you answered with an explanation of the situation:
https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-users/Week-of-Mon-20160118/000884.html <https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-users/Week-of-Mon-20160118/000884.html>

Also, about a year later I can report that I didn’t run into this NSUInteger-as-Int oddity anymore, besides the one mentioned in my message from a year ago. That was a case of overriding a framework class: NSSegmentedCell uses NSUInteger-as-Int, but my subclass thereof uses NSUInteger-as-UInt.

Regards,

Marco