[swift-evolution] Removing enumerated?

Chris Lattner clattner at nondot.org
Thu Feb 2 22:46:55 CST 2017

On Jan 31, 2017, at 11:16 AM, Ben Cohen via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> As we expand (and maybe contract :) the standard library, this kind of question comes up a lot, so it is worth setting out some criteria for judging these “helper” methods. Here’s my take on such a list (warning: objectivity and subjectivity blended together in the below).

This is great perspective Ben, thank you for taking time to write this up!

It seems that you are leaning towards removing enumerated().  What do you think about the proposal of removing enumerated but adding indexed() to replace it?  It would provide the same behavior for common array cases, while providing more useful/defensible functionality for other collections.

-Chris