[swift-evolution] Strings in Swift 4

Nevin Brackett-Rozinsky nevin.brackettrozinsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:15:28 CST 2017

I am also +1.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Matthew Johnson via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> I’m still curious how postfix `…` would impact our options for variadic
> generics and tuple unpacking in the future.

Somebody who happens to have originally created Swift addressed this point
last week:

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 8:49 PM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution <
swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:

> In any case, it seems like an obviously good tradeoff to make the syntax
> for variadic generics more complicated if it makes one sided ranges more
> beautiful.
>
> -Chris

I think we should start a new thread for the discussion of incomplete
ranges though.

Nevin