[swift-evolution] [Discussion] mailing list alternative

Thorsten Seitz tseitz42 at icloud.com
Tue Jan 31 23:59:57 CST 2017

While I'm not really happy with the mailing list, this is mostly due to restrictions of iOS Mail which makes keeping track of relevant threads and filtering out threads I'm not interested in difficult.

The mailing list has one important advantage over a web interface: most of my reading happens on a train to and from work. On this train the connection is for most parts of the ride so bad that I can't download new messages, but fortunately that is not necessary because I can read all those messages I downloaded earlier on the railway station.
With a web interface I expect that to be much more problematic because it would have to download each message or maybe at least each thread on demand.

So for me keeping the mailing list while using a modern forum in parallel would be the ideal solution!

-Thorsten