[swift-evolution] Generalized Existentials / Type Erasers

Chris Eidhof chris at eidhof.nl
Tue Jan 31 04:07:07 CST 2017

Hi swift-evolution,

I was wondering if anything more detailed has been written about
generalized existentials / type erasers. I noticed that AnyCollection only
delegates a number of methods to its wrapped value, but often doesn't. For
example, all the conditionally inherited items aren't being delegated (e.g.
min()). This behavior was surprising to me (but makes sense once I thought
about it longer).

How would this work with generalized existentials? Are generalized
existentials in scope at all for Swift 4?

--
Chris Eidhof