[swift-evolution] [Draft] Test-Only Package Dependencies and Targets

Ankit Agarwal ankit at ankit.im
Mon Jan 30 13:38:31 CST 2017

> Not in practice (with respect to package manifests). In fact, it seems
> that, given there are separate commands (swift build and swift test),
> separate directories (Sources and Tests), and separate products, that
> there's a hole to be filled here by separate handling for test suites in
> package manifests.

FWIW, overriding conventions will potentially allow you control the layout
of the package (when we have that feature).

This is all not to discount the features you've brought up as well, but I'm
> having trouble seeing why a distinction here is such a problem.

Could you elaborate on what kind of distinction are you proposing? Is it
separating targets and testTargets?

--
Ankit