[swift-evolution] extending typealiases

Matt Whiteside mwhiteside.dev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 15:03:20 CST 2017

In Swift 3.1, I was happy to see that we can now extend types with concrete constraints.  I think one other feature which fits nicely with this new capability would be extending typealiases, like this:

typealias Vector = Array<Float>

extension Vector {

Which currently doesn't compile due to:  "Constrained extension must be declared on the unspecialized generic type 'Array' with constraints specified by a 'where’ clause”

What is other people’s interest level?  How possible would it be to add this?

-Matt