[swift-evolution] [Discussion] mailing list alternative

Goffredo Marocchi panajev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 01:16:19 CST 2017

That is a so so reason though ;).
JIRA can be a discussion hub and it should be used for discussion centred around user stories, bugs, etc... it is a delivery planning/agile planning tool not a mailing list or a forum for general discussion.

Creating stories/items to discuss bugs, a proposal under refinement or review (the lifetime of proposals could and should go there), etc... but some of the other material on this list would be better left to something like Discourse or mailing lists.

I do think we should use JIRA more to discuss and leave a better trace for the evolution of proposals and bugs raised against the language though. Creating tickets in JIRA and then leaving all the details and the discussion outside of JIRA is a bad practice that we should not encourage.

Sent from my iPhone