[swift-evolution] Range and ClosedRange

Max Moiseev moiseev at apple.com
Fri Jan 13 14:05:56 CST 2017

FWIW, the common RangeProtocol unifying both Range and ClosedRange existed for a while when the new collection indexing model was being implemented.

Here is the commit removing it: https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/2108/commits/8e886a3bdded61e266678704a13edce00a4a8867 <https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/2108/commits/8e886a3bdded61e266678704a13edce00a4a8867>

Max