[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Enum string interoperability with Objective-C and Swift

Derrick Ho wh1pch81n at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:15:26 CST 2016

I'm trying to revive an old thread. I'd like to hear from the community.

Can we make a swift enum string interoperable with Objective-C?

Currently NS_STRING_ENUM ports from objective-c to swift but not the other
way around.

I feel that if you can go one direction you should be able to go back.

@objc
enum City: String {
case NewYork = "New York"
}

Make this available as a global string in objective -c ?