[swift-evolution] Move placement of 'throws' statement

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Wed Dec 28 22:11:05 CST 2016

> On Dec 28, 2016, at 7:47 PM, Xiaodi Wu via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I thought there is already a pending proposal on typed throws?

There was, I vaguely recall that it was by Russ?  I don’t see any open PRs for it.

I’m personally a big fan of typed throws, but I know that John McCall has strong concerns.  I can’t argue that typed throws is a high priority at the moment, but as soon as we start talking about concurrency the topic of a Result type will come back up (for use with futures/async).

I think that discussion will naturally drive the priority on settling the typed throws debate.

-Chris