[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Changing NSObject dispatch behavior

Brian King brianaking at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:54:33 CST 2016

OK, this is great, a little detail just clicked that I had not fully
thought through. My suggestion of using message dispatch only for NSObject
isn't really possible since `dynamic` doesn't support Swift types yet. So
any form of consistency argument is out the window.

But what is clear from the general tone is that dynamic behavior is to be
opted into, and that's not changing. I can PR `commonly_proposed.md`, to
save future runtime happy developers from treading into these waters if
interested. I am interested in ways to make dynamic easier to use, but I'm
not sure flagging a declaration is helpful enough to warrant the syntax.

Thanks all, I have a blog post to update, and I'm going to get back to
playing around with SR-584 -- the bug that began it all.

Brian