[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Removing Setter/Observer Name Overrides

Derrick Ho wh1pch81n at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 21:33:08 CST 2016

I believe Erica's point about RIGHT NAMES ONLY is the most clear. While a
block-like syntax using $0 is nice, it fails to communicate whether it is a
newvalue or an oldvalue.

Therefore instead of following a block-like pattern it should follow a
delegate-function like pattern. This would remove the ambiguity that $0 or
name changing would present.

set (newValue: TheType) {
let a = newValue
}