[swift-evolution] Swift evolution proposal: introduce typeprivate access control level

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri Dec 2 14:00:05 CST 2016

True story, here is a good blog post about that topic: Protocol Oriented Programming is Not a Silver Bullet

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 2. Dezember 2016 um 20:51:20, Goffredo Marocchi (panajev at gmail.com) schrieb:

 is a POP language right? So lets focus on fixing and improving protocols. :) We should start with open/public protocol.
No, this is not a POP language only, OOP is neither discourage nor unwelcome and it is a first class citizen.
Telling people there are better ways in some / many scenarios and that deep inheritance hierarchies are bad is not the same thing: composition as spatter was not born with Swift.

I do not want to offend, but it is getting a bit irritating that whenever someone wants to improve object oriented patterns the answer resembles a "why bother? Isn't it an unsupported feature anyway?" :P.

People want to improve POP patterns? Good, it does not and should not upset or come at the expenses of other first class features... everybody is happy then... almost :).

PS: I also cannot wait for existentials to drop typealias ProtoB = Any<Proto> where Proto.A == B where B comes from a generic parameter list and A is an associated type.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail