[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Generic protocols

Adrian Zubarev adrian.zubarev at devandartist.com
Fri Dec 2 12:34:33 CST 2016

I just overlooked that the subsection about generic protocols was inside the Unlikely section.

The problem is that I need a way to refer to a function with a specific name. Plus the connection type has to have a specific API, like having a DispatchQueue and know the router object if there is any (sounds like a protocol right?!). The function reference should also keep the connection object alive with a strong reference.

associatedtype does not solve that problem for me.

I clearly see that generic protocols overlap with associatedtype but couldn’t we find a compromise here? For instance like Chris Lattner introduced generic type aliases without the ability of constants.

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail