[swift-evolution] [Discussion] Generic protocols

Daniel Leping daniel at crossroadlabs.xyz
Fri Dec 2 11:25:38 CST 2016

Aren't protocols generic already using associatedtype?

Also, what I really would like to have is generic associatedtype. Basically
to work the very same way as typealias.

Another nice to have feature might be having a possibility to add the same
generic protocol several times with different type associated. It might be
a bad C++ habit, though. Still I really miss it sometimes :)

What else is missing for me is possibility to declare a var or return type
by generic protocol. Have to create a specific class all the time which is
a big pain.