[swift-evolution] Proposal: Allow explicit type parameter specification in generic function call

Anton Zhilin antonyzhilin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 08:03:06 CST 2016

I disagree with the suggestion. Unlike C++'s templates, a Swift's generic
function is semantically a single function. One can say that together with
a metatype parameter, we pass in witness table.

What I think we should do is make metatypes easier to use. *Adrian and I
have a PR* that has already been waiting for almost a month:
https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/553
Plus, removal of .self could simplify such calls.