[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Removing Setter/Observer Name Overrides

Brandon Knope bknope at me.com
Wed Nov 30 16:53:33 CST 2016

Breaking changes, at this point, have a high bar for acceptance. I am failing to see how the downsides presented here are enough to warrant a change.

Also:
> Developers who follow this rule may accidentally insert newValue or oldValue in the wrong observer. It is not that uncommon

One example from a tweet doesn't seem convincing enough that this is not an uncommon problem. Are there more examples of people getting hurt by this?

Brandon