[swift-evolution] Require parameter names for ENUM Associated Types?

Braeden Profile jhaezhyr12 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:29:10 CST 2016

Just another question for the examples…is an overloaded case even the right way to think of it?  Enums give a selection between different cases, with optional payloads.  With this…

enum JSONValue
{
	case otherStuff1
	case foo
	case javaScript(String)
	case javaScript(String, scope: Document) // part of the same case?
}

if case .javaScript = myJSON
	{  }

We can represent the difference in data, yes, but are these actually separate cases?  I think that default values make this case better because `javaScript` really is only one case, and both types of JSONValue are the same, to me.  Saying they are the same case, I think that would necessitate the same payload type.