[swift-evolution] Swift evolution proposal: introduce typeprivate access control level

Gonçalo Alvarez Peixoto goncalo.alvarezpeixoto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:32:09 CST 2016

Hello, Tino!

Thanks for your feedback.

I do suggest an alternative, in which *typeprivate *replaces file private,
since I believe that having the scope of a member limited by file scope
does does fall short in fitting a language design purpose, as file is a
compiler related construct which could, in turn, be replaced somewhere in
time, thus leaving the “fileprivate” access member orphaned.

I should not be accessed from another module, since that's what *internal*
is for. *typeprivate *would still create a private context.

Best,
Gonçalo