[swift-evolution] [pitch] Implementation composition

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Fri Nov 25 10:20:59 CST 2016

Kotlin has a imho really nice solution for this: Because constructor parameters appear right after the class declaration, you can refer to them in the inheritance-clause.

Protocol conformance is a quite important aspect of a type, so I'm not sure if it wise to allow "hiding" it — and I hope the promised macro-system will allow forwarding, so that there is no special syntax needed.

Bottom line:
Imho it's not the right time for serious discussion (serious means: with the goal of a accepted proposal ;-)