[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0145: Package Manager Version Pinning (Revised)

rintaro ishizaki fs.output at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:25:54 CST 2016

swift-evolution at swift.org>:

> Hello Swift community,
>
> The review of "SE-0145: Package Manager Version Pinning" begins again
> after revisions, starting now and running through November 28th. The
> proposal is available here:

Overall looks good.

> The exact file format is unspecified/implementation defined, however, in
practice it will be a JSON data file.

Please make it VCS friendly format. If JSON, pretty-print please.

> There will be change in the behaviors of swift build and swift package
update in presence of the pins file, as noted in the proposal

I couldn't find any mention about "swift build" in Proposed Solution or
Detailed Design section.
In case the local workspace has outdated dependencies,
will it automatically fetch pinned versions?
or error-exit indicating I must run "swift package update" first?