[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Setup Block

Jay Abbott jay at abbott.me.uk
Sun Nov 20 11:01:34 CST 2016

Hi Andrew,

There is a similar discussion (in that it solves some aspects of the same
problem) going on at the moment with the subject "Add code to super
methods" - check it out. The parts of this problem it doesn't address is
that you would still have to override multiple init methods to ensure your
common setup was called regardless of which initialiser is used. However,
your idea of a post-init call might solve some of of the other issues being
discussed there and affect that discussion quite a bit. In other words, I
think these two ideas might benefit from being considered together rather
than as separate issues.