[swift-evolution] Selector for current method

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Tue Nov 15 11:02:08 CST 2016

Sorry, I see that #function doesn’t work as a drop-in replacement for #selector. What I’m wondering is what you’re actually using this all for. It seems rare to have a dictionary keyed by the name of a function (but not its arguments) and rarer still to need to prepopulate that dictionary. The only use case I can think of is some generalized mock object, but even then I wonder how useful it is in practice.

(Per the original request, remember too that many Swift methods do not have selectors, since they are not exposed to Objective-C.)

Jordan